Careers at Abbotsford Community Services
Our employees are the most important resource in this organization. Each position and the contribution made within that position is equally valued.
We work hard to provide a work environment that is safe, caring & friendly
By supporting, encouraging and facilitating employee's personal and professional growth and well-being, we enable them to provide the highest quality of service to the community.
Why work at ACS?
The 5 best things about working at ACS according to our employees:
- ACS is a credible and professional agency that has a positive image in the community.
- The workplace is welcoming, supportive, respectful, safe, fair and consensus based and promotes open communication.
- Employees are well informed, competent, professional, committed, and they support each other in their teams and enjoy their work together.
- Employees feel appreciated with a sense of contribution and connection to clients and their community, making meaningful differences in the lives of those they serve.
- The organization offers good benefits, vacation time, flexible work hours, staff days, personal and professional growth and development opportunities.
If you are interested in one of our listed positions and you would like to apply, please click on the position's link for more details and the qualifications we require.
Abbotsford Community Services is one of five sites chosen across the province to pilot a new initiative that aims to provide seamless primary health, mental health, substance use and social services to youth and families. Fourteen different youth service agencies will integrate into one location, which is currently referred to as the “Youth Hub.” The Hub will be a one-stop-shop that is non-stigmatizing and designed with youth input to allow youth and families to access needed services in a timely and supportive manner
Housing First approaches are essentially based on the concept that a homeless individual’s first and primary need is to obtain stable housing. Other issues that may be affecting their quality of life can and should be addressed once housing is obtained. We are looking for the right candidate who believes in this philosophy and who fully understands the complex challenges faced by people experiencing homelessness or who is at risk of homelessness. Abbotsford Community Services is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Supportive Housing Program Manager at a low-barrier housing residence for men.