Administrative Assistant - 2019-10-01
JOB POSTING 2019-10-01
Administrative Assistant – Reception and Office Support
Wage: $17 per hour
Part Time: 21 hours/week
Temporary, Maternity Leave Coverage (at least 1 year)
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969.We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life.Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership.Come help us help people.
The Administrative Assistant – Reception and Office Support provides administrative support for the agency.The Administrative Assistant will bring a high level of flexibility and enthusiasm to a position containing a wide variety of tasks and challenges.As well, the Administrative Assistant will demonstrate a level of experience that will allow them to act with a high degree of tact in dealing with the public, staff, and community partners.A pleasant mannerism and telephone voice, the ability to deal effectively and pleasantly under pressure and in emergency situations, and the ability to handle cash will be required.The Administrative Assistant will value all people and their diversity and will demonstrate this in providing service in a timely, courteous, and friendly manner.Further, the Administrative Assistant will maintain harmonious working relationships with all personnel and will display a non-adversarial, non-confrontational, and cooperative approach in the completion of all tasks.
- Performs a variety of reception duties, including, but not limited to answering phones, assisting clients, providing resources and referrals
- Stocks supplies on a daily basis
- Sends, receives, and distributes all agency fax documents and emails.Completes end of day reconciliation
- Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Types reports and other documents, completes copy and laminating requests, and processes desktop publishing, as required
- Completes monthly reports from fax, printing, and photocopying logs to prepare for accounting
- Participates in chairing and providing minutes for monthly meetings within Central Support
- Provides ongoing resource information for the public and maintains up to date information within Archway Community Services programs
- Responsible for shared day closing and opening responsibilities such as closing the business day within reception
- Creates purchase orders for ink purchase requests and refills, contacting the supplier directly
- Updates Central Support Manual as it pertains to position, annually
- Reports to the Administrative Supervisor on a regular basis and engages in performance reviews prior to the end of probation and yearly thereafter
- Represents the agency in the community in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Participates in annual Staff Day and Administration Team Day
- Provides back-up to all other Administrative Assistants, as required
- Participates in agency committees, where required
- Other miscellaneous clerical duties as required
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- High school graduation and completion of a recognized Applied Business Technology course
- Two or more years of office experience or the equivalent in education and experience
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Must have good typing skills (50 words per minute) and demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Internet and E-mail.
- Available to work set shifts, three days a week, from 8:30 – 4:30
- Familiar with office machines, including photocopiers, fax machines and postage machines
- Willing to learn various types of software and attend training seminars if approached to do so.
Closing date is Friday, August 23, 2019
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2019-10-01 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting 2019-10-01
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Archway Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.