Clinical Counsellor - 2019-64-01
JOB POSTING # 2019-64-01
Sexual Abuse Intervention Program
Wage: $27-$32 per hour
Permanent, Part Time: 25 hr/wk
Abbotsford Community Services has been helping people since 1969.We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life.Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership.Come help us help people.
Counsellor will provide developmentally appropriate individual counselling services to children and youth (ages 3 to 18) that have been impacted by sexual abuse. Clinical counselling services for children and youth accessing SAIP services include but is not limited to psycho-education, skill building, play therapy, talk therapy and mindfulness activities. SAIP Counsellor will also offer group services for non-offending parents of children and youth impacted by sexual abuse. There will potentially be opportunities to increase hours, if desired, with adult clients as well.
- Provide phone screening and face-to-face intake assessments for those interested in accessing SAIP services. Manage and track SAIP waitlist for both individual and group services.
- Gather information, conducts assessments, develops interpretive summaries, and creates individualized service plans in collaboration with clients.
- Respond to program inquiries regarding program eligibility and services, as well as comparable programs and services.
- Provide individual counselling services to children and youth (ages 3 to 18) impacted by sexual abuse.Use a variety of methods and tools including but not limited to psycho-education, skill building, play therapy, talk therapy and mindfulness activities.
- Collaborate with non-offending parents/caregivers throughout the intake and counselling process.
- Provide group services for non-offending parents of children and youth impacted by sexual abuse.
- Maintain confidential client files both on paper and on database.
- Maintain regular communication and strong connection with other relevant organizations. Maintain current information regarding relevant referral sources.
- Submit monthly SAIP reports to the Abbotsford Child and Youth Mental Health Team Leader.
- Engage in file reviews every quarter.
- Participate in staff trainings, staff meetings, individual supervision with program supervisor and group supervision with peers.
- Other relevant duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology or in a relevant field.
- Eligible to register as a counsellor with BCACC or CCPA.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Clinical Counsellor.
- At least 1 year experience providing play therapy.
- At least 1 year experience providing trauma counselling.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Specialized training in play therapy and/or trauma counselling.
- Proven ability to work effectively during crisis.
- Excellent organization, time and general management skills.
- Available to work some later afternoons and potential evenings.
Closing date is Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Interested applicants are to reference Posting # 2019-64-01 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting # 2019-64-01
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.