Clinical Counsellor - Temporary - 2018-125-11
JOB POSTING 2018-125-11
Temporary – Maternity Leave
Full Time - 35 hrs./week
PROGRAM NAME:Foundry Abbotsford
JOB TITLE: Clinical Counsellor
REPORTS TO: Foundry Manager
Provides counselling and assessments to individuals, who are clients of Foundry Abbotsford. Foundry is a new provincial initiative that integrates services for youth 12-24 years old in primary care, social services, mental health, substance use and peer support. The clinician will utilize the Brief Solution Focused Therapy model to provide walk-in counselling to youth at Foundry Abbotsford.The clinician will assist with mental health assessments and provision of one-on-one support to Foundry clients that do not fit the requirements of specific Foundry Abbotsford mental health pathways. The clinician will facilitate groups and community presentations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master Level degree in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or in a related field
- Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of government and community based programs and related provincial and community support systems.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with youth.
- Proven ability to work effectively during crisis.
- Excellent organization, time and general management skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Proven knowledge of variety of counselling techniques and solid clinical knowledge.
- Experience in trauma work, CBT, DBT, EFFT and Brief Solution Focused Therapy an asset.
- Criminal records check
- Use of personal vehicle (class 5 License)
- Emergency First Aid & CPR (Child and Adult)
- Non-violent crisis intervention training (CPI)
- Anti-racism, anti-violence and cultural competency training
- Evening work and flexible work schedule
CLOSING DATE: December 14, 2018
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2018-125-11 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
**No Phone Calls please. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer
and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.