Financial Accounting Analyst - 2018-100-09
JOB POSTING # 2018-100-09
Financial Accounting Analyst
Wage: $28.50 per hour
Full Time: 35 hrs/wk.
The Financial Accounting Analyst provides analysis, monitoring, and processing in the following key areas: program budgets, analysis of monthly financial statements, contracts, and reporting.This position prepares financial reports for managers and supervisors, the Board of Directors, and funders using data extracted from the existing agency accounting software.The Financial Accounting Analyst works with the Accountant to ensure completeness and accuracy in information processed, and provides assistance when needed during vacation, sick or other approved leaves.
- Monitor actual results against program budgets on monthly basis, analyze, report and correct any significant discrepancies.
- Process monthly invoicing for employment contracts online.Monitor allocation of funding to partners and reconciliation of client billing against Provincial financial management system.
- Maintain external location lease schedule for property & equipment.
- Prepare and verify statements of operations for funders in compliance with funders’ reporting requirements.
- Compile statistical reports, statements and summaries related to programs’ financial operating statements.
- Ensure year-end working papers are accurate and prepare consolidated agency financial statements for review by the Accounting Supervisor prior to annual audit.
- Coordination of agency’s yearly budget process.
- Input agency’s program budgets into the accounting software.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of reports to various users.
- Assist the Accountant with a variety of duties and responsibilities during periods of high volume or approved leave of absence by other department staff.Including but not limited to
- Collect, verify and process financial information in accordance with Abbotsford Community Services financial policies;
- Monthly interagency reconciliation; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- CPA Designation
- Post-Secondary Degree in Accounting or equivalent level of experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in preparing financial statements for a multiple cost centre environment, or the equivalent in public practice experience working with a non-profit or other multiple cost centre clients.
- Some experience using accounting software for a mid-size to large business.
- Experience using ACC PAC ERP is an asset.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is an asset.
- Experience working with budgets is an asset.
- Experience working within a team environment.
Knowledge and Skill Se
- Working knowledge of accounts payable and receivable.
- Strong data entry, verification and analytical skills.
- Strong ability using Excel.
- Well-developed written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, courteously and confidentially with staff, supervisory personnel and external organizations.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work in an open office space.
Closing date is December 22, 2018
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2018-100-09 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting 2018-100-09
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.