Multimedia Creator & Graphic Designer - 2019-175-01
CANADA SUMMER JOBS POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB POSTING # 2019-175-01
Multimedia Creator & Graphic Designer
(Canada Summer Jobs Career Placement)
30 hours per week – Monday to Friday (flexible hours)
8 week long position
Abbotsford Community Services has been helping people since 1969.We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life.Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership.Come help us help people.
Support the Marketing and Communications team with graphic design for a range of agency projects, including print, web and social media. Assist with video production projects as needed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using Adobe InDesign to modify templates for online and print collateral, including rack cards, brochures and more.
- Assisting with storyboarding, creating and editing videos which will be used to raise awareness of our programs and services in the community.
- Participating in department meetings and suggesting areas which could use design improvements.
- Keep track of responsibilities, assignments and deadlines using Asana project management software. (Training provided.)
As part of the Summer Jobs program, all applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess experience in graphic design.
- Education in graphic design or a similar field is recommended.
- Videography skills are an asset but not essential.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal management skills; can work independently.
- Ability to work with others; can take direction.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere an asset.
Switch tasking and adaptability in a busy and dynamic office environment.
- Working in an open office setting amidst staff from different areas of the organization.
- Working collaboratively and taking direction from the Manager of Marketing and Communications and Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
- Regularly reporting to and reviewing progress with Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
- Attending meetings with staff and clients under the supervision of Marketing and Communications department staff.
- Accountability and Dependability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments.Communicates delays in work and renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communication: Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences.Expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizing information according to the audience in order to increase understanding.
- Ethics, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Trust: Models and promotes honesty and integrity within and with others.Takes the right action at the right time and in a manner that complies with the processes and procedures of the organization and the law.Demonstrates effective discretion, builds rapport with others and maintains confidentiality.Displays honesty and transparency that exhibits the values and mission of the workplace.
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals.Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation.Seeking to be inclusive of all abilities, cultures, and backgrounds; challenging exclusionary practices.
- Professionalism: Behaves with fairness and consistency in communication, daily interactions, and decision-making.Shares information and ideas with others in a collaborative manner.Maintaining consistent lines of communication with manager, supervisor, team members and clients communicating deadlines, issues, status updates, and successes.Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships and boundaries with staff and clients.
Closing date is May 14, 2019
Interested applicants are to reference Posting # 2019-175-01 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting # 2019-175-01
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.