Overnight Support Worker - 2019-142-01
JOB POSTING 2019-142-01
OVERNIGHT SUPPORT WORKER
35 hours per week- OVERNIGHT HOURS
Abbotsford Community Services (ACS) & Housing First
ACS is seeking dynamic a self-motivated individual to fill the position of Overnight Support Worker at Hearthstone Place, a co-ed, low-barrier, supportive housing residence. The housing residence follows a harm-reduction/housing first philosophy and is a 24/7 operation.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the successful applicant will ensure that the building remains safe and secure and will be responsible for light cleaning duties,. Additionally, the applicant will respond to routine and emergency situations if necessary. This aspect of the role will include tenant relations and related administrative support. The Overnight Support Worker is part of a team whose mandate is to ensure the building remains a respectful, secure, safe, clean and supportive place in which to reside, visit and work.
You bring to the position:
• Ability to take direction, work with pride and work with minimal supervision and in consultation with others;
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• An understanding of issues surrounding poverty, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues;
• Strong crises de-escalation and dispute resolution skills, and
• A flexible attitude, ability to adapt to changing situations and duties, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
• At least three (3) years of pertinent experience, and
• A Satisfactory Criminal Records Check must be completed and maintained for this position
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist with conflict and crises de-escalation as needed;
- Ensure that program policies and procedures are followed;
- Perform health and safety checks of the facility, residences, and premises;
- Ensure that the building is clean;
- Promote a harm reduction approach to addiction, mental and physical health and well-being;
- Promote positive and inclusive tenant-staff relations;
- Participate in mandatory Abbotsford Community Services’ training and staff meetings as directed by the Program Manager, and
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as determined by the Manager.
Closing Date: January 24, 2019
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2019-142-10 in the subject line.
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Abbotsford Community Services.
2420 Montrose Avenue. Abbotsford, BC. V2S 3S9.
Email: email@example.com .
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Our Vision: Justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.