Overnight Support Worker - 2019-142-06
JOB POSTING # 2019-142-06
Overnight Support Worker
Wage: $22-$23 per hour
Full Time: 40hr/wk – Overnight hours
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969.We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life.Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership.Come help us help people.
Archway Community Services is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Overnight Support Worker at Hearthstone Place, a co-ed, low-barrier, supportive housing residence. The housing residence follows a harm-reduction/housing first philosophy and is a 24/7 operation.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the successful applicant will ensure that the building remains safe and secure and will be responsible for light cleaning duties. Additionally, the applicant will respond to routine and emergency situations if necessary. This aspect of the role will include tenant relations and related administrative support. The Overnight Support Worker is part of a team whose mandate is to ensure the building remains a respectful, secure, safe, clean and supportive place in which to reside, visit and work.
You bring to the position:
- Ability to take direction, work with pride and work with minimal supervision and in consultation with others;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- An understanding of issues surrounding poverty, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues;
- Strong crises de-escalation and dispute resolution skills, and
- A flexible attitude, ability to adapt to changing situations and duties, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- At least three (3) years of pertinent experience, and
A Satisfactory Criminal Records Check must be completed and maintained for this position.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist with conflict and crises de-escalation as needed;
- Ensure that program policies and procedures are followed;
- Perform health and safety checks of the facility, residences, and premises;
- Ensure that the building is clean;
- Promote a harm reduction approach to addiction, mental and physical health and well-being;
- Promote positive and inclusive tenant-staff relations;
- Participate in mandatory Abbotsford Community Services’ training and staff meetings as directed by the Program Manager, and
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as determined by the Manager.
Closing date is August 21, 2019
Interested applicants are to reference Posting # 2019-142-06 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting # 2019-142-06
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.