Payroll Clerk - 2019-100-04
JOB POSTING 2019-100-04
Permanent, Full Time: 35 hr/wk.
Abbotsford Community Services has been helping people since 1969.We provide more than 90 programs and services to clients at every stage of life.Programs and services are funded by a variety of government grants, foundations, gaming and donations.
The Payroll Clerk assists the Payroll and Benefits Administrator with coordinating and processing the agency’s biweekly payroll.This position’s responsibilities also include maintaining employee files, using the agency’s Payroll and HR software, processing a variety of payroll data, and answering staff’s questions regarding payroll processing.
- Working with the Payroll Team, collect and process payroll information for all staff in accordance with Abbotsford Community Services personnel policy on a biweekly basis.
- Processing payroll for both union and non-union employees, based on union collective agreement for unionized programs.
- Maintaining and updating employee information including but not limited to: records of employment, employee attendance, leaves and overtime calculation, statutory holiday, sick time, and vacation pay using the agency’s payroll software.
- Collecting and compiling timesheet data to review for completeness and accuracy.
- Accurately allocating payroll data to multiple cost centres.
- Updating employee files to reflect changes in employment (i.e. wage, status) on an ongoing basis.
- Processing end of employment for exiting staff.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts related to payroll as needed.
- Preparing cheque request for Receiver General and other Payroll payables as required.
- Creating payroll / human resource reports using data extracted from the existing agency accounting software as requested by Directors.
- Keeping up to date on changes in payroll legislation.
- Creating and maintaining employee files and payroll master spreadsheet on a biweekly basis.
- Meeting regularly with the finance team for supervision and participating in an annual performance appraisal by Director of Finance.
- Providing support to the Payroll and Benefits Administrator.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Represents the agency in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- A Diploma in Payroll Administration or related field, or the equivalent in experience and education
- At least 3 years’ experience related to processing payroll with a medium-sized organization
- At least 3 years’ experience using payroll software
- At least 3 years’ experience using Excel spreadsheets to aid in payroll processing
- At least 2 years’ experience doing payroll for medium-sized organizations (300+ staff) is an asset
- Some experience using Avanti is an asset
- Some experience working in a non-profit or a multi cost centre organization is an asset
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Knowledge of payroll, CRA deductions (CPP, EI, tax), Employment Standards, ROE regulations
- Well-developed knowledge of payroll processing procedures
- Knowledge of clerical accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Well-developed written, verbal, and active listening skills; able to communicate effectively and respectfully with people across the organization
- Well-developed ability using the Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and Outlook
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in an shared office space
- Interruptions are common, a well-developed ability to switch task is needed.
Closing date is Until filled
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2019-100-04 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting 2019-100-04
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.