Plant Supervisor - 2019-26-15
JOB POSTING 2019-26-15
Wage: $22.00 per hour to start
Full Time: 40 hr/wk.
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969.We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life.Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership.Come help us help people.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and motivate employees
- Ensure a safe working environment for staff
- Ensure safety and industry standards are followed
- Schedule and direct shifts
- Coordinate shipping and receiving
- Maintain quality control measures by working and communicating with end users
- Promote well-being and reputation of organization to external agencies by being visible in the community
- Liaise with Payroll Clerk and HR Assistant to write memos/letters regarding staffing personnel issues
- Support cooperative environment that encourages inclusiveness to any group or organization that wishes to work together with recycling
- Communicate daily with administration, manager and members of production team
- Ensure mechanism in place to address employee concerns and ideas
- Become familiar with changing technology and industry players
- Design and implement production systems by working with plant manager and other designated parties
- Represent the values of Archway Community Services to all groups associated with Recycling
- Work on the blue bag conveyor sort line, as required
- Assume responsibilities in Manager’s absence
- Be available on call and after hours
- Complete other work-related duties as required
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Certification:
- Must maintain a satisfactory criminal record
- High school graduation and completion of a relevant post-secondary diploma or the equivalent in education and experience
- Willingness to learn; attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Must have a satisfactory Fitness Assessment
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract required
- Supervisory experience
- Business experience
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Able to multitask
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word and Outlook) and Internet
- Familiar with conflict resolution models and their application
- Lifting and/or moving of up to sixty pounds may be required
- Be able to drive all Rolling Stock (truck, forklifts, skid steer, loader)
- Follow the code of ethics in a manner consistent with the policy and procedures of the agency
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing conditions and priorities.
- Promote an inclusive environment and respect all people and their diversity
- Deal with all concerns, opinions and suggestions is a respectful manner
Closing date is: will remain open until filled
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2019-26-15 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting 2019-26-15
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.