Tenant Support Worker - 2019-142-04
Internal/external Job Posting
JOB POSTING 2019-142-04
Tenant Support Worker
Part Time position available (30 hours per week)
Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM and Friday and Saturday 3:30 PM-11:30 PM
Wage: $22-23 per hour
Abbotsford Community Services (ACS) & Housing First
ACS is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Tenant Support Worker at a co-ed, low-barrier, supportive housing residence. The housing residence follows a harm-reduction/health promotion philosophy and is a 24/7 operation. We are looking for a candidate who embraces a team approach and fully understands the complex challenges faced by people experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness.
Reporting to the Supportive Housing Program Manager, the Tenant Support Worker provides a range of front-line support services to the residents. Tenant Support Workers are part of a team whose mandate is to ensure the building remains a respectful, secure, safe, clean and supportive place in which to reside, visit and work.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist in the assessment and monitoring of service plans which address the personalized goals of the residents;
- Support residents to maintain their residencies, including but not limited to; directly assisting with room de-cluttering, resident rent contribution payment and/or repayment plans;
- Recognize individual strengths (strength-based) and circumstances and support residents in their healthy development, success and well-being and in their self-determined goals (case planning);
- Steward and promote a culture of learning and respect within the staff team, program and services;
- Assist with conflict and crises de-escalation as needed;
- Perform health and safety checks of the facility, residences, and premises;
- Promote a harm reduction approach to addiction, mental and physical health and well-being;
- Promote positive and inclusive tenant-staff relations;
- Participate in mandatory Abbotsford Community Services’ training and staff meetings as directed by the Program Manager, and
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as determined by the Manager.
- Post-secondary education in a related field with 2-3 years of recent experience in an outreach capacity an asset / or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered;
- A client centred approach and an understanding of the issues related to mental health, drug and alcohol addiction, correctional institutionalization, reintegration, homelessness, poverty preferred;
- A flexible nature, and the ability to adapt to constantly changing situations;
- Demonstrated ability, commitment and compassion to work effectively and cooperatively with diverse populations;
- First Aid Certificate required and a satisfactory criminal records check must be provided and maintained;
- Effective crises de-escalation and dispute resolution skills along with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to take direction, work with minimal supervision, and work alongside and cooperatively with others;
- Able to interact effectively and positively with ACS staff, residents, community partners and stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2019-142-04 in the subject line. Closing Date: March 26th, 2019
Submit your cover letter and resume to: Attention: HR. Abbotsford Community Services. 2420 Montrose Avenue. Abbotsford, BC. V2S 3S9. Email: email@example.com .No phone calls please.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Our Vision: Justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.