National Volunteer Week - We Couldn't Do It Without You!
Published On April 10th 2019
Need a little inspiration? It's National Volunteer Week and we want to place the spotlight on a few of the amazing volunteers that go out of their way to help others, making a big difference in our programs and throughout Abbotsford. Here are a few of their stories:
- Three Friends Join Forces to Make a Difference - three volunteers who are working as Friendship-Based Mentors for newcomers through the Community Connections program. Maureen, Janice and Connie jointly mentor a family who is new to Canada and now living here in Abbotsford.
- From Volunteer Match to Lifelong Friends and Co-workers - Claudia and Jen made a match for life through our Community Connections program.
- Volunteering is a Shared Learning Experience for Don - Don shares his experiences as a volunteer tutor for English language learners through our Access2English Program.
- Friendship, Not Just Lessons - Sharon's experiences as a volunteer with Access2English.
- Outstanding Employment Mentor - Sieglinde's career experience makes her a valued volunteer with our Employment Mentors Program.
- Helen Offers a Helping Hand for the Family Centre - Twice a week Helen helps out in any way she can with the Family Centre.
- Answering the Call to Volunteer - Sandy donates his time as a Medical Transportation Driver.