Building Connections For Employment
Employment Mentors objective is “Building Connections for Employment”. Through one-on-one matching relationships, we connect newcomers with professionals of similar vocational or skilled backgrounds for coaching and advice in accessing the Canadian labour market. From providing informational interviews to attending networking events, our mentors assist our newcomers in gaining valuable knowledge and an understanding of Canadian workplace culture and employment pathways in Canada.
Lead. Share. Inspire.
Your professional leadership and expertise is invaluable to our newcomers.
Volunteer Mentors are...
- Leaders willing to invest their time, employment expertise and professional knowledge with a newcomer
- Community members willing to coach a newcomer seeking knowledge of the Canadian labour market
- Professionals committed to attending networking events and opportunities with their mentee
- Goal-focused and motivated leaders willing the share their ‘a-ha’ moments and employment advice with a newcomer
Connect. Be involved. Strive.
Your employment goals are attainable through hard work, dedication and mentorship.
Our Newcomers can expect…
- Advice and guidance from an employment mentor on Canadian workplace culture, employment and educational pathways, job search strategies and more
- Soft-skills employment training with experienced facilitators (5 week series)
- Invitations to professional networking opportunities and events
- Professional development through specified workshop training