Career Paths For Skilled Immigrants
B.C. has a growing economy and an expanding job market — employers and communities are looking for workers in many different areas. You have the skills, qualifications and experience they need! The Government of Canada and Province of British Columbia are working with Abbotsford Community Services to help you find that perfect employment fit.
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program will assist you to gain experience, find employment or improve employment within your field, with an individual approach that is tailored to meet your needs.
Who is Eligible:
- Are you a Permanent resident of Canada within the last 5 years?
- Do you have an Intermediate English Level?
- Do you have 3 years of international work experience? (applicants under 30 years of age only require 1 year of international work experience)
- Are you Unemployed or Working in a job that is unrelated to your expertise?
- Do you live in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack or Hope?
If you have answered yes to these questions, you may be eligible for our services!
If you're eligible, we will:
- Assess your skills, qualifications and experiences
- Provide targeted career planning services and ongoing support
- Teach you job search skills that achieve maximum results
- Assist you with gaining contacts and workplace experience in your field
- Provide funding for eligible credential evaluation, training and licensing costs
- Contact us by one of the methods below, to confirm your eligibility or fill out this form
- Meet with us to learn more about the program and determine how it can help you with your professional goals