Job Connections for Immigrants (JCI)
Train for a successful career in retail!
12 eligible participants will gain skills and experience that can lead to employment opportunities and success in the retail industry.
This intensive program provides hours of training, several certifications and a full-time retail practicum placement. If the practicum doesn't lead to employment, follow-up job search support is provided as well.
By the end of the program, participants are better equipped to enter the workforce with experience, insight into workplace culture and job connections that may otherwise have been challenging to gain.
June 10 - September 20, 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Abbotsford Community Services
2nd floor 3600 Townline Road, Abbotsford BC, V2T 5W8
Abbotsford Community Services' JCI program includes:
- English Language Training
- Job Search and Life Skills Training
- Computer Training
UFV Certification Courses:
- Customer Service
- Cashier Training
- Occupational First Aid
- Management Foundations
Practicum: September 25 - October 18, 2019
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 3 or above - assessment required
- Current claim for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits OR
- EI claim in the last 5 years OR
- Maternity or parental benefits in the last 5 years and be re-entering the labour force after having left to care for newborn or newly adopted children
- Action Plan (AP) that identifies Project Base Labour Market Training (PBLMT) as a reasonable activity to support occupational goals
For more information or to apply, please call: 778-549-5622 or email
The Employment Program of British Columbia is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.