Moving Ahead Program (MAP)
The Moving Ahead (MAP) helps immigrant individuals and families with multiple needs and significant integration barriers.
- To help clients gain the capacity to cope with issues and barriers and to acquire sufficient skills to participate in regular Settlement or community services and programs
- To provide a coordinated support system across service sectors in communities with a large number of Vulnerable Immigrant Populations
- Intake and In-Home Assessment
- Case management of Individual Client Files
- Settlement Information and Counselling
- Practical Assistance & Supported Access to Services
- Support Groups and Workshops
- Life Skills, Literacy and Essential Skills Development
Are You Eligible?
This program is for high needs and high risk immigrant youth, adults and families. It is based on:
- Immigration Status, AND
- The complexity, multiplicity and severity of the barriers faced by potential participants, AND
- Must be a Permanent Resident of Canada, OR
- A Protected Person as defined by Section 95 of the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act, OR
- Individuals who have been selected by Canada to become Permanent Resident and have received a letter from Citizenship & Immigration Canada stating so
This program is NOT open to Refugee Claimants until their claim is accepted.
View the brochure.