Income Tax Preparation
About Senior’s Income Tax Services – by appointment only
- Income Tax Preparation is a service offered by the Seniors Program at Abbotsford Community Services for those who are 55 and older and who reside in Abbotsford.
- Trained volunteers help prepare income tax forms for eligible participants and help them secure access to any benefits they are entitled to.
- While services are free, a donation is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated, if one is in a position to support this community-based program.
Senior’s Tax Clinic Hours of Operation
March 1st to April 30th
Monday to Friday
9am – 2pm
We will be scheduling appointments by phone, or in person, starting Monday, February 25th at 9am. Call 604.743.0354 to book your appointment. If you book your appointment in person, please see the Seniors Income Tax Service Volunteer in the Senior’s Department (Abbotsford Community Services, 1st floor, 2420 Montrose Avenue).
You are asked to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will allow us to check your forms and ensure that you have all the necessary forms on-hand. If you are going to be late, please call and notify our office as soon as possible. If you are late to your scheduled appointment, your appointment time may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Income Tax Volunteer. If you have to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please provide us with 24 hours’ notice.
- Must be a resident of Abbotsford
- Seniors 55 and older with an income level of
Individual: $30,000 / Couple: $40,000 / Single Parent: $35,000
- Simple Tax Situation. Your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
- benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSP's)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (must be under $1,000)
- The tax service supports the current tax year 2018 and the prior 2 years only (2016 and 2017)
- Sponsored by the Canada Revenue Agency CVITP
Other Sources of Assistance
If you are not eligible for this tax clinic the Canada Revenue Agency may be able to assist you:
- Canada Revenue Office – 1-800-959-8281 or visit the CRA website for a list of free Income Tax Services
Need help with any other government applications, forms or paperwork? Not sure what resources are available to you in the community as a senior? View our Seniors' Information, Referral and Resources Services or call 604.870.3763.
For More Information:
Call: Call 604.870.3763
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.