Keeping Children Safe at Busy Crossings
Abbotsford Community Services, in contract with School District #34, is responsible for providing adult crossing guards to help ensure the safety of schoolchildren and other pedestrians at 25 designated crossings in our community.
Under the supervision of a Crossing Guard Coordinator, these designated crossings are staffed mornings and afternoons while school is in session (September to June.)
To learn more about the crossing guard program or becoming a crossing guard, please email or call 604-302-1786.
Crossing Guard qualifications include:
- Ability to stand for 45 minutes at a time
- Enjoy working outside in all weather, including rain, cold, snow and heat
- Ability to walk, step up and down on the curb and get around in winter weather conditions
- Great interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working with children and families
- Clean criminal record check